PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2011, 14:22
Zack-Q

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interviewees!

hello interviewees!

the 1st interview was the easier one. of course like what everyone said, be honest. if you don't know, say you don't know. don't try and guess an answer or bluff.

it will be good to know some geography too. like the capitals of places you have been to, & also like those which are commonly mistaken: Switzerland, Australia and maybe New Zealand. I've also heard of a person who got asked on the flight path taken on a flight he has taken before. he bluffed though he didn't know, and he failed the interview in the end.

my technical questions on fleet, jet engine, theory of flight and winglets were almost perfectly answered, and so the interviewers starting asking me these questions:

1. Who is the Secretary-General of the United Nations
2. Do you know what has been happening in Europe?
3. Do you know what has been happening in Japan? I'm not talking about the Tsunami.

I couldn't answer any of those properly. And so the interviewer left a parting remark for me: "If you were to get to the next round of interview, you need to brush up on this area."

I got to the 2nd round.

2nd round was the hard part. 6 interviewers questioning you about everything you have/ have not done. About your passion. Reasons for wanting or of not doing some things you could have. Reason why you did not join the RSAF. How some of your results prove you might not be able to cope with flying on top of studying theory during cadet training.

They'll spare no technical questions to test whether you are really interested and really know your stuff.

Make sure you revise what you're supposed to & expected to know. Question yourself in every aspect and cover for whatever they might question you and the facts and knowledge to prove to them, especially when you have been technically trained!

Good luck. See my next post.

Zack