PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BT Broadband in UK - any help, please ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2011, 13:38
BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES

Location: the OFCR......and probably somewhere over China zzzzzzzz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The very un-British BT

I have followed the complaints procedure as stated on the bt website. I have just received my 'deadlock' letter. Now time for the ombudsman comms. I moved into my new build 4 months ago and arranged my home move and was instructed to pay £130 for a new line to be installed and get my line and broadband activated. Never had a problem in paying as we always new we would have to. However after 2 months of delay in getting the line installed, Not all BT's fault admittedly, it was a building site for the first 4 weeks, I kept on having Indians call me telling me it would all be fixed in 7 days. After weeks of this it was I who had to act as the go between for the builders and BT. Finally had a date set and hey presto all sorted. So I thought. Broadband profiled and set at 6 meg. Only 1.5 miles from exchange and all looking good. However the silly Indian call centre called and said they would have my line up and running in 7days again. I told them it already was. They said that was rubbish. Asked them to test the line and hey presto, I'm speaking to Rajesh who is sounding most baffled. He then tells me it's impossible and clearly I must have switched suppliers and could not possibly be a BT customer???

After his 7 day appointment expired the phone line went dead but broadband remained. I have spent 3 weeks trying to get the line deactivated. I had a confirmed number from BT and everything. The cheeky Indian sods even tried to book an appointment for a new line to be intalled(why do I need 2?) and charge me another £130!!! To add to this they refuse to acknowledge me as a BT customer and when I ask why I have BT broadband they tell me I'm telling them lies!!! When giving them my bill and account info they just hang up.

I'm £165 in credit and want it back! And a phone line but BT just won't budge. Sadly for them I'm a real sod and won't be bullied or back down. The sage continues.......................goodness gracious me

Last edited by BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES; 19th Oct 2011 at 13:41. Reason: BT from mobiles call 03301234150