PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moremi Air van down
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2011, 10:04
Foxcotte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Following this thread and elsewhere on the web, I am absolutely gutted by the news about Martin. As mentioned earlier, he was one of my check pilots in the Van, and I cannot get my brains around how a steady, conservative, careful, and thoroughly experienced professional pilot like Martin could have crashed and been killed in such a tragic way.

There are so many other idiots that fly badly, take risks, don't care, break the rules, cut corners and generally push right up against their mortality and still get away with it. It is not right and not fair that Martin, who did none of the above ended up being killed so awfully, and these others still get away with it day after day. If I believed in a higher authority, it would be very very hard to make sense of their actions on this day.

I liked and very much respected Martin. He was a good man and a good pilot. I am honoured to have known him, and even more honoured that he trained me. Whenever I fly a Van in the future, I will remember him. You are missed Martin, and from all his friends and colleagues in Kenya our hearts and sympathy to Clare and Tanisha.