PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First time thread, bright eyed 18 year old. Anybody care to chime in?
Old 19th Oct 2011, 07:56
MrAviate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I've had the AFAP site bookmarked and have been frequenting it for a while now, so hopefully something good pops up. (although, Lilydale Airport flight school had a really good one up there.)

To be honest mate, the need to stay around a big hub is something I don't have a reason to do. I'm 18, (PPL when I was 17) working on my CPL, no girlfriend, I've already left the nest and I have a love of meeting new people and seeing new places. So I think going to remote locations where the charter jobs are is something I would prefer to do, as I have no ties to any specific place. As for enjoying teaching, I can't say that I do or do not enjoy it, as I've never been in a teaching role. I can tell you however, that like I said, I love meeting new people and working in a team so instructing might be right up my alley.

Yes, conversion is something I have been looking into extensively and it's the first item on the agenda when I get back before all other things.

I'm also wondering, how do charter companies and flight schools feel about hiring a young person like myself? I only recently turned 18, you see, and I feel like the employers might not feel like I'm mature enough.

Can't thank you enough for replying to all this.