PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where has it all gone wrong?
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2011, 02:22
RetiredTooEarly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True ...... True ...... True!

Though as my avatar suggests, I got out too early at fifty three, I nonetheless did 25 years finishing up as senior management pilot on international routes.

Back in the "good old days" we travelled first class when deadheading, got top salaries, conditions, accomodation and virtually anything we wanted, including $$$$$$$$ was "just about" there for the taking.

But as already said that was when pilots had a big role in running the airline, knew the value of MORALE - rude word these days - and generally treated their crews with much respect.

Then it all went to s*it when management was taken over by bean counters, dropkicks from other failed airlines/companies and those who believed pilot bashing was the in sport.

Me? I had the best of the best for my entire career and though I still miss flying dreadfully, I now see the attitudes of management, airline employees, cabin crew and the general public and know that whether you have a great job or not, the business of drilling holes in the sky has lost all of it's glamour and adventure.

It's a sad feeling to see a job I once loved and respected go down the gurgler! Example??? Have a look at QANTAS?

Being torn apart by some halfwit from the UK who has absolutely no idea of what Pilots (and Engineers) are all about!

Bugga!!