PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 18th Oct 2011, 23:43
dncn1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Well I completed the assessment day about two weeks ago now; I haven't heard anything from Airservices. I'm pretty sure I shot myself in the foot anyhow; I tried to go to sleep earlier than normal the night before and unfortunately never really got into a deep sleep.

They told us to turn up at 8:30am.... This was part of the reason I tried to go to sleep earlier. I turned up at 8:32am and the rest of group was already waiting, there were only four chairs in the waiting room so two of us had to basically sit on the floor or stand up. We did absolutely nothing for 30mins; I mean they didn't even collect our documents during this time.... Which I thought was the reason for turning up at 8:30 in the first place...

I feel my results of the computer testing would have been quite bad, I mean you certainly had to be fully awake for the spatial test for example haha. The computer testing was also the last thing I did in my day I.E it was completed around 4pm. By then I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open, I had 2 cups of coffee right before hand and I still couldn't focus. It seems like no amount of coffee can save you on virtually no sleep :/

I found the Simulation test quite amusing; it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. But I knew the time you completed it in was important even though they said it wasn't. I mean why else would they be timing it?

The lady who was running the computer testing basically said at the end of the day to the group that if we didn't hear from them via a phone call by the following week we hadn't succeeded.

Which did seem quite fast by the sounds of things I’ve read on here...?

Last edited by dncn1; 19th Oct 2011 at 00:33.