PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First time thread, bright eyed 18 year old. Anybody care to chime in?
Old 18th Oct 2011, 21:32
Lat3ralus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No worries mate. I would not necesarily say that the GA industry is good at the moment, but it is certainly better here than in other corners of the globe.

At the moment there are a bunch of low time jobs, check out the AFAP website every now again and you will see what is going around.

In regards to junior grade 3's, the majority of flying schools will only employ juniors that have been trained by them personally. Instructing is a viable option if you are interested in staying around a big hub(i.e Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne) and not have to move out to the bush. But be prepared to put in plenty of work.Also, the last thing we need in aussie is grade 3's that do it "for the hours", so you need to do it because you enjoy teaching, etc...

I'm guessing that the first thing you will need to do when you come over is convert your licence right? I suggest you have a look at as many schools as you probably can and do your research for each one of them because you do not want to end up in "sausage factory" school pumping out pilots.