PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Helicopters Ltd
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2011, 19:29
Eket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Connelly ..... I never called him that .

I remember going out with him and a bunch of others one night , near Kinsale . We went down as a convoy , he had a light blue Fiat 127 .

We all got tanked up and when heading for the cars for the way back to his house , we spotted his car and decided to steal his back seat . We threw the seat in the back of the car we were in . Got back to his house and put the seat in his back garden . Sat out there drinking a beer watchin all the girls peeing in his garden and chuckleing to ourselves , they didnt see us .

I asked some of the people who came back in his car "how was the journey" ..... they said it was fine . Man , I was getting confused at that point . So I went outside for a look at Connelly's car and the seat was still in the back of it !!!

Turned out there was a 2nd light blue Fiat 127 at the pub ..... we had nicked the wrong seat from the wrong car !!!

Always wondered what the owner thought . The radio was still there , wheels and all , but his back seat was gone . We laughed for ages about that .

Whats Guy Perrim doing now . He used to be the storeman for IHL in Cork , then he ended up buying the company and opperating outta Dublin . Does he still own it ?

Stan Horan ?
Brendan White ?
Mick Whelan ?
Dick Murrey ?
Mick Bowe ?
Rockey Foster ?
Jim Egan ?

I know Pat McCarthy is in OZ now .

I guess their all retired now ?

EI-BLD is still flyin !!! I used to work on that too . She must be pretty high time now .

Last edited by Eket; 19th Oct 2011 at 16:11.