PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas announcement today
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2011, 12:13
POT100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas to ground more aircraft due to union action

1. Since when are we asking for 15% over 3 years and since when does the average engineer earn 170K??

2. I don't remember the Union putting a claim for a $95million hangar for the benefit of its LAMEs..

3. I don't know any LAMEs who refuse to change our current work practices.There's no question they're years out of date compared to all the other main airlines.You also have to bear in mind that these outdated practices were put in by previous management.

4. Years of service for pay increases-gotta agree with that one..Currently The only way to progress is through type training..Unfortunately,under the QE grand scheme of things,this opportunity is reserved for the brown nosers and golf buddies and has got absolutely f*ck all to do with merit.
A cancer in engineering which is spreading and needs to be cut out along with those Maint Supervisors and Ops Manager positions!!..What a waste of money!!!!

These claims by AJ are laughable but the public are buying it..Almost everyday I'm asked by friends whats going on?..They have a totally different idea and I constantly find myself refutting them..

C'mon Fed Sec lets have a press conference to refute this daily bullsh*t that we have to listen too..