PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2011, 11:14
Peter Griffin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not bothered about staying in the UK, the easyjet Perm contracts in Europe which are available at the moment are paying around £44K, £1200 a months is only if you are stuck on flexicrew. I can't see how the BA FPP at 30-34K (inc allowances) plus 1K a year pay rise will add up to a competitive salary in any reasonable time unless we can indeed get the 12K after we have paid the loan.

The early wording on the FPP website seemed to indicate that we would not see the £1000 a month instead it being paid directly to BBVA. Can anyone officially confirm that if the bond is paid back early that the money is then sent to our own personal bank accounts instead?

Judging by the responses i hope it is true. I know a lot of people use the word bond but it is really just the loan minus the interest. BA are loking to Underwrite the borrowing. Perhaps borrowing is a better word because it doesn't get caught up in bond/loan differences.

If it was a true bond then we wouldn't have to find any money or take out any loans upfront but if we left before the bond period ended we would then have to pay for it and get a loan at that point to pay it back (no one would be underwriting that loan so your house would probably be on the line at that point).

Quote: "BA will, where required, provide the necessary guarantee to enable successful applicants to secure the necessary funding."

It is all very confusing.