PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - liver function test
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2011, 09:54
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know of a couple of folk that have had it due to folk reporting some concerns.

Basically they take a blood sample and have a look at various chemicals and they can tell if you are kicking the arse out of the bottle.

If you are a heavy drinker and then think bollocks I will stop drinking because I have a test coming up it actually makes it worse. This is because the liver once you stop abusing it starts to heal and it dumps all its toxins stored in it to deal with processing the booze. Its these toxins that they are picking up.

It takes something like 9 months to a year tea total for things to start sorting themselves out if you have passed the point of damage being done.

O and the out come was that one saw the writting on the wall went to AA and took their sponsor person (I think thats what you call them) with them to the AME. They all had a bit of a heart to heart, medical was suspended for a month for fatigue and the last time I saw him it was 2 years off the booze.

The other had thier medical pulled as apparently they could tell he had been drinking 2 bootles of red a day for years. And he could never convince them that he had sorted things out.

Last edited by mad_jock; 18th Oct 2011 at 12:51.