PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan Joyce and the room of mirrors
Old 18th Oct 2011, 04:51
Taildragger67

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Steve,

rmm got in ahead of me, but that was where I saw them - speednews.com.

Also, 3 x 744s (-OJG, -OJH, -OJJ) are listed on planemart.com but there's no indication of when the listing went up - only when the airframes will be available (earliest being Sep '12).

Back to the 734s, MSN 24431 is VH-TJF and MSN 24441 is ZK-JTP. I also saw VH-TJO on the telly and tried to see if it is listed for sale anywhere by using its MSN (24440) but couldn't see it. It would however probably make sense, given its sequence in the line.

MSN 24531 on speednews is 763 VH-OGE is MSN 24531.

So all these cancellations - will they be quietly reversed following the incremental 73W deliveries? Anyone rostered onto any of the just-cancelled flight numbers in, say, a month or so?

What is the A330 delivery schedule compared to 767 retirements (as in, have they just 'grounded' a 767 only to have a new 330 rock up in the next few weeks)?

Anyone got any idea as to how close any of the 'grounded' airframes are to a C or D check? If so, the next question is, would such maint now normally be done in Aus, or overseas?

I'm not a spotter, rather I'm trying to see if a swifty is being pulled here, but I think I've out-anoraked myself today.