PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 17th Oct 2011, 20:20
YAASB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all of those that have been offered a course, congratulations.

It is correct that if you commence an Enroute course, Melbourne or Brisbane will be your two choices.
For those who are completing a Tower course it could be anywhere Airservices has a Tower. That does include Broome and Karratha, as well as Rockhampton, Tamworth just to mention a few others. They are geographically diverse, and you don't get to pick and choose which one you go to. There are a lot of "single man" towers, but that does not preclude an ab-initio being stationed there. Also, capital city Towers are highly contested positions, so expect to do some time in outstations before having the opportunity of moving to the big smoke.
One thing to remember is that you can do a conversion between the two streams later in your career.

To all those that have been deemed unsuitable, my commiserations.

I have read your posts, and understand your frustration. The fact that you think you did well does not necessarily mean you did well. It is not "just one" thing that lets you down. To this end we need to look at how your feedback is delivered, as sometimes the person who delivers the feedback was not there on the day, or has seen so many people it is difficult to remember. I know it will not help those already affected, but we will look into that for future candidates.

Cheers
Boonie.