PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 17th Oct 2011, 19:32
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The aircraft was designed to protect itself against just such clowns. I agree, but he was not a clown, nor was he anyone's concierge. He was a line pilot, I know little about him, and of course it shows that any aircraft will foul up.

The knock on Airbus has always been that the aircraft is aloof, and can be mystifying, to even qualified pilots.

I'd have thought that the builder of the aircraft would have exercised better judgment in selecting a pilot to show off.

Look, the aircraft crashed, and it must have been embarrassing all around.

Irony, or maybe comeuppance?

Off to a bad start, then.

Great hoorah here about "Interface". What a disastrous word. It is generally applied to more sophisticated models than pilot/plane.

It is a machine. It is not complex, and it is not someone's poodle. The part about flying this machine with some special deference is pathetic. No quarrel with the platform.

I admire the spunk it must have taken to continue with the idea. Most designers and builders after such a kerfuffle would get into building tractors, or summat.

Habsheim is a mythic, Chris, an epic, even. Beowulf, or the Odyssey. Acceptance of its majesty brings one peace.

Wait. Achilles, then.