PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pustular psoriasis on hands
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2011, 16:37
pulse1

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
I suffered from this when I was in my mid twenties and was prescribed betnovate cream which just kept it from drying out and cracking. I used to wear gloves to play badminton.

At 28 I got married and, within 2 - 3 weeks it had completely disappeared. Occasionally a few blisters would reappear but these quickly responded to betnovate treatment. I haven't had any further problems for over forty years.

The rapid change after getting married suggests to me that it was stress related although I was not aware of any particular stress at the time. Obviously , marriage meant a complete change in lifestyle e.g diet, home etc. so it could have been related to any or all of these.

Not much help I'm afraid but more help than my doctor at the time who said I would have it for life.

p.s. Thinking about it after all these years I have suddenly had a new thought. The family I was living with at the time had a daughter who had psoriasis all over her legs. This suggests that it could be allergy related. I left that home when I got married.