PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VLM
Thread: VLM
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2011, 12:32
My Name Is URL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CityJet

I would rather not give my position but I can give some info:

CityJet (VLM no longer exists except on an AOC which is soon to go also) sent you out a letter stating that you were successful in phase 1 and that you MAY get called for interview anytime from the letter date right into early 2012! I think this pretty much covers the required info up to 2012??

There was indeed a round of interviews last week for a hold pool for both the Avro and Fokker fleet. This round of interviews consisted of a selection of candidates who scored highest on the testing in phase 1! This consists of approx 20 - 25 people who are currently awating a yes or no for round 3 (Sim check).

There may be or may not be a second round of interviews before the year is out (unlikely). More likely it will be early next year. Tho this all depends on a number of things such as how may F/Os they will require between now and March 2012 (when the CityJet cadets graduate from jerez).

One glimmer of hope for all you guys is that there is soon to be a lot of Pilots on both fleets leaving for the sandpit and other airlines which is why the airline is forming a holdpool.

As you can Imagine there is a lot of applications and CityJet is one of the very few airlines in Europe taking low houred pilots with a bond and no money up front. It's a great opportunity for people out there. Just one word of advice .... Making posts on a public forum giving out about an airline that you will maybe one day work for and making multiple symbols is not advisable! You never know who may be watching!

Good luck!!