PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Comes Alive
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2011, 08:55
M2dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICART thanks for your post. The power supply failure of the #2 Art Feel Computer was a classic tantalum capacitor failure, one that we'd all seen MANY times in service. Nobody in their right mind continually resets tripped c/bs (not if they want to work with me or my team) and the classic pong was apparent as soon as the circuit breaker tripped, so this was never an issue. So in answer to your question, the answer is a solid no. Without seeming to sound 'snipey', I hold a full B2 license (have held one for 30 years and have been involved with Concorde for almost 38 years) and really do know how to use a meggger, honestly, thank you very much. I carried out a multitude of wiring and other checks before power was ever even applied to the aircraft.
Our BIGGEST problem really has been deliberate disinformation that was spread by certain people out of spite and jealousy. The people concerned were technically unqualified to even voice an opinion on the matter, but nevertheless were extremely vociferous. Stories were being bandied about regarding many components smoking and overheated etc, which was absolute and complete fantasy. The case of #2 Art Feel computer was the only case, but just ponged with no smoke, flames or drama, just a popped C/B.
As far as what happens next, well we are all going to have to wait and see I'm afraid, but we all live in hope.

Best regards
Dude