PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX Resignations
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2011, 06:55
Curved Approach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it has been a while since I have posted. But I hear we are getting to the business end of the EBA (believe it or not...) and with all this recent movement times are indeed interesting.

I think the example of replacing Geneva with a program that is still terribly limited 9 months after its introduction shows the "we will just try to push through" attitude, rather than spending some money to perhaps get some more/better IT people to come in and make it happen so that ops and crewing can have a bit more help from the system.
Is it true LKH has shares and a financial interest in Aero/CrewPortal???

Additionally, the fact that a meal break between flights it measured from off blocks to on blocks time seems ridiculous. They reject a claim if you are on the blocks for 3 mins longer than the required break, even though the engines have probably been running 5 mins by the time you taxi in Sydney. And yet they have beacons on figures somewhere to measure OTP don't they? Just another example.
They are not, they are from on blocks to beacon on time for the next departure. If the 50 minutes is not enough to give you 30 minutes free of all duty then claim it and substantiate it. If it is not paid contact the RexPC or AFAP directly and you can grieve the payment formally.

4-on-4-off is never going to happen. The crew complements which would be required to roster these simply do not match the company's structure and the hours and sectors operated.

Wanting to move to retention bonus' or sign on bonus' for the EBA is not the answer, it is a short sighted money grabbing solution in the short term which has been a ploy used by management (just not REX as yet) to put sub-standard EBAs to vote and get them over the line. To go this way would defeat the hard fought effort in the last agreement to link to CPI+2% and also allowances to CPI.

Not sure why you think the C&T need more money for now. Or are you perhaps saying that they are working too hard and hence now leaving because of it. The hard fight for their increase in remuneration came with promises from their "leaders" directly to CH, JD and LKH that they would give them increased productivity! So I don't think they can complain now!
Training $15,798
Check Grade One $21,790
Check Grade Two $34,864
Check Grade Three $43581

What we should be sticking to is CPI at least more like CPI+2% and an additional 1% of Super over and above the minimum mandated as well as an extra day off a roster.

Sorry for continuing the thread drift.....perhaps we shall adjourn this discussion to the EBA thread for more detail and thoughts......

http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-reporting...6-rex-eba.html

Curved'