PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 16th Oct 2011, 22:33
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GlueBall. Not like you to be coy. He had a STALL WARN at the drop, and the STALL WARN with STALL was concurrent with NO CUES. He'd been briefed STALL could be bogus with UAS, so let's dismount the high horse?

Immediately with the elevated noise in the cockpit, and what do YOU do?

You and others keep repeating data that is not untrue, but needs to be considered with other data. And you do it to frame the Pilots as stupid, newby, ne'er do wells. ENOUGH.

His screen was not recorded, remember? What did he see? What do you think he saw sufficient to condemn him? Was there no data to be recorded? OR was there data that was corrupted, and after boluxing up the deal, did not make it to the DFDR?

You are stuck on "54 SECONDS OF STALL WARN...bla..bla..bla.." Without completeing the picture with what I just posted.

UAS when this deal happened was a crapshoot. 31 crews landed safely, this one went in the drink.

31:1. You like those odds? I cannot believe an underwriter would indemnify anyone with the state of UAS and the sloppy workarounds given the crews forced to fly with it.

After 447, the AF pilots went on strike to cause the Line to get serious about r/r Pitots. Airbus was later forced to issue bulletins, one of which said: DO NOI RESELECT AutoPILOT, the a/c may climb without command.

Come to think of it, 447 did just that.

This: Your A/P disconnects. What do you do? the a/c is trending down, and rolling right. You don't know UAS is what caused the loss, it may be MET. You do nothing? Or do you risk losing something against which to frame PITCH and POWER, NOT KNOWING that is indicated?

ENOUGH.

Infrequent flyer, I've posted this too many times, you know what I think,. and rehashing it solves nothing.

I believe, Heartr and Soul, that taken with some objectivity, there is reasonable explanation for the mistakes that were made.

Except: With UAS, you get AL2. ROLL is direct, PITCH is not, it is commanded through a filter, and Elevators are subject to AUTOTRIM.

To me, what's left of NORMAL LAW amounts to a half assed autopilot, not FBW, so why would you want partial autopilot sharing command of your controls?

seriously