PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SFT or not SFT
Thread: SFT or not SFT
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2001, 03:14
window-seat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I totally agree, being in a mixed group (sponsored & skint) has alot of advantages for both sides, and would hopefully minimise any special treatment given to the airline's eggs!

I was informed recently that the classes were around a 50:50 split, .....no probs! Then on application for the August class was informed that BA had taken the whole allocation, .....ok, no probs! Now on aiming for the October class, I along with around 6 other hopefuls on pprune have been informed that a 'mystery airline' has come out of the woodwork and will be claiming 10 of the 14 places avaliable.

This in it's self is not a major issue (provided the airline involved isn't outa-mongolia airways, forcing the groundschool to run for 25 years whilst they get to grips with the english language)! I would jump at the chance to join 10 students from BA or similar.

My worry now is that, whilst i wait for my class 1 cert. to drop through the door, and my bank to sort out the EURO deposit, the 4 places left for us self-funders will be gone, forcing me to work in my god-forsaken, boring as hell, nightmare (but reasonably well paid) office job for another month!

Still, all good things come to those who wait, and wait.........and wait!

[ 01 August 2001: Message edited by: window-seat ]