PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2011, 21:51
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
21 Today.

Thanks for the birthday wishes Savvers ... and I'm admitting it ... the big 'Eight O' arrives next year! So as I'm rambling, just to say I surely worshipped the wonderful John Crewdson who in the 1970s after I left Royal Air Force planking ... showed me so much of the rotary world. As time allows, I'm putting together a story of his incredible career. But don't try to land at landing pad he used for 'The Prisoner' series. The hotel have installed a swimming pool on the site although the charismatic JC would no doubt have found enough space for a B105's skids. The concrete boat remains firmly cemented to the wharf tho.' ... and if you're looking for a quaint 'weekend away' hotel, Portmeiron does nicely!

The birthday pic in blue was taken on the balcony of a hotel in France by the River Meuse while overnighting on my way to the 2002 WHC in Aigen. I've added more than a few little laughter lines since then! ... And I've been a 'Jag Man' since the 70s so I guess if the blood was Italian, I'd own Ferraris. Thanks anyway Savoia for the honorary club membership.

Not sure why I'm looking down in G-BENO but I like your 'saying a prayer' idea. You might be interested to know it can work ... cos a couple of years later at a Fairoaks Air Show, I was introduced to a female helicopter fan. We married the same year!

And knowing you're a stickler for accuracy, just to say G-BALE was sold to TONY Everard, who with fellow Enstrom owner Cy Rose, was a founder member of the HCGB. Tony Everard conveniently ran the Everard Brewery.

Now here's an idea ... there's surely enough 'nostalgia fans' on here to have a COF boozy get together some how, somewhere. Who's up for it?

Safe flying to all out there and guys, please keep this wonderful thread going. Dennis Kenyon.