PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly EASA - PLEASE HELP
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2011, 19:23
carlleehaylee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA review

I trained here in 2010.

Id give it a 5 out of then.

flyEFT was my number 1 priority but made my choice based on money alone and i regret it totally.

Theres also two JAA approved schools in California which I heard are awesome. Dont know many details but research these.

EASA just care about getting as much money out of you as possible. Teaching comes third (second being getting MORE money out of you).

Theres a bad vibe between management and instructors which creates an awful learning environment. Instructors look like they are being screwed by management big time. So imagine what that does to your learning.

You may get your license in the end (probably after additional time and money) but trust me, it wont be an easy ride. You will have to fight off the money hungry management.

Oh, and dont pay accommodation in advance. You can get a beach front apartment (all to yourself) in Daytona or Ormond Beach for 50 dollars a day. EASA charges that for room in share house.

A nice room in a share house in Ormond and Daytona go for abotu 155-150 a week (most with bills included) EASA charges 200 on a shared room basis.

And they make every student buy their own fuel tester even though they could just have one in each airplane. Why? Well, that way they make more money( e.g 100 students a quarter means 100 fuel testers x 6.50 dollars as opposed to 15 testers for 15 airplanes) Get the point?

how low can you go? The place is owned by an english guy so that may explain the pettyness...