PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2011, 14:59
Daysleeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Without total thread drift (too late!)... the original delay was attributed to finance. The latest delay, according to posts here, is the aircraft needing mods before operating for Flybe. I neither know nor care if either or both of these is true.
However, posters expressed surprise that these mods could not have been incorporated at the factory while waiting for the finance to be sorted. I was pointing out that certain customers (and certain CAAs) require non standard changes to brand new aircraft before they enter revenue service. I provided 2 examples, winglets and crew rest. Neither are Flybe but both are G reg aircraft, customer options that the manufacturer would not incorporate on the build line. The manufacturers often do not want to include these in production because it stuffs up the build cycle and adds complexity.
If your finance is delayed the aircraft sits “complete” until you pay. Now you can collect the aircraft, but on your critical path to service entry may still be weeks of “mods” that you haven’t been able to commence work on.

Perhaps my car radio analogy wasn’t the best one. But the point remains, if you want to change things you can’t start doing so until you own it!