PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working at Air Asia
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2011, 14:40
JTF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No need for PIC time to get DEC position. Just look at the application for confirmation of that. I too have been trying to find out more about the scheduling, but mostly unsuccessfully. What I have found out so far- start in Kuching. Either early morning into the afternoon or early afternoon to late night for your individual days of flying. No overnights. Everyone gets some reserve days each month. Mostly 2 to 4 days of work followed by 2 to 3 days off. 80+ hours of flying per month. Most likely you will get 1000 hours per year.

I haven't been able to determine if the scheduled days are hard days or if they can shift them around. I don't know if they bid on schedules and if they do, how the preferences are awarded. I don't know if they even have monthly schedules. I don't know how they get to choose the vacation days. I don't know if they get any hard days off if they have a more liquid scheduling system. I don't know if you can choose mornings or nights, or if it is random or just asigned. These are definitely good things to know when trying to decide if the job will be a good match for you and your family. Hopefully someone with the answers will let us know.