PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First time thread, bright eyed 18 year old. Anybody care to chime in?
Old 16th Oct 2011, 10:48
MrAviate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time thread, bright eyed 18 year old. Anybody care to chime in?

Hello PPRuNe'rs!

Long time reader, first time poster.
A bit about myself, 18 years old, I was born in Zimbabwe, Primary Schooling in New Zealand (Citizen), High Schooling in Australia (Citizen)(Overall Position: 4) + have traveled around the world. Currently obtaining CPL MECIR (hopefully CFI + C208 rating) in South Africa.
Living and traveling in so many different places, I absolutely love what this big blue world has to offer in terms of different cultures, people, ideologies and landscape, now I cant wait to finish my course and begin a career.

After reading numerous 'first job' posts on a number of forums, I'm starting to get confused by people taking drastically different stances on where Aviation is now and where it's going.
In your opinion, how do you feel about the current situation in relation to old timers, young blokes like myself and the inbetweens out of GA but cant really find a foothold in the Airline sector.

In addition, the GA opportunities in NZ and AU; are they tangible, or am I grasping thin air?

Happy to be a part of this forum.