PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NCA cargo... anyone?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2011, 07:55
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not NCA myself but we spend a LOT of time in the same hotel/same pubs, so:

new contracts issued with a 10% pay cut in them
True but (a)would not affect a new joiner i.e. you either sign on the dotted line for the current deal or not and (b)they're getting money back from some missing allowance or other (can't remember off the top of my head what it was for) which amounts to some $30ish grand in SOME cases. So, the money hasn't really changed too much.

no upgrades for last few years
Loads of upgrades going on at the moment and continuing in November and the New Year (8 at a time I think).

loads of ex JAL B744 rated guys about to hit the market
Ah, the JAL red herring. So far the JAL 'exodus' has made so much difference as to be a complete non event. Some have gone to Skymark and a few have made an appearance at NCA but the 'flood' never happened and does not seem to have affected the Japanese aviation scene at all. Either that or the bubble in which I live is completely screwed up

Haven't heard about the -8 being deferred. That doesn't mean I'm saying I don't think it's happening, just the NCA boys still seem to be planning on getting them and courses are being arranged (according to pub talk).

Coltrane,

NCA is totally unconnected with AJX. They have had to deal with all the 'challenges' of recent events in Japan, just as all the other companies have but AJX's restructuring has nothing whatsoever to do with NCA. I've heard they are/will be recruiting expats again but only in the right seat and AMS is still available as I type.

All up-to-date as of about 1 hour ago from the NCA guys in the hotel; take it or leave it as you wish