PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helipads, hotels and Others: Requests, Recommendations & Rip-offs
Old 15th Oct 2011, 14:41
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helipads etc

Added - Just looked at Griffin and obviously there is a head start on your needs, although the functionality for the community adding the LZ and editing comments etc might be useful .If he's busy like myself flying etc, perhaps he just hasn't gotten to it yet.

I had a thread here which I had just started and noticed yours.

You may want to see my beta site
This does pretty much what you are looking for, allowing the addition of LZ's, to which you can add textual comments and other info, as well as being able to annotate the LZ with comments such as hazards etc. All info is presented in a google map and if bases were known, it would show the relative position to the LZ.

For example I added Elvetham hotel and Priory Bay. In location you can start typing the name of the LZ (hotel) and it brings up lists of known LZ's or in location enter coordinates, address or just a Post code eg. RG27 8AS and press radar where it will look for any LZ's bases in the immediate area.

Comments, LZ's are editable and therefore maintained by the user community, but available to all. There is a help file which shows a lot of different functionality which probably will not be of any interest for such use but it should work for a central LZ repository. I could even add a different marker type specifically for hotel/restaurant type LZ's.

Feed back is welcome and for best use, use the latest browsers as under 'best viewed with'. Safari will always work best but firefox and the latest explorer should be fine too.

PM or post with any comments.

Last edited by [email protected]; 15th Oct 2011 at 14:59.