PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2011, 14:32
AlphaZuluRomeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dani
My guess is that they selected it, saw the flag, switched it off again. The time of the selection would be too short to show on the graph.
Thanks, Dani, could be that. Anyone knows the frequency of that parameter on the DFDR? If 2 seconds or more, Dani could have the answer. If less... the lesser, the more improbable. (see below, this parameter might be registered every 6 seconds)

Originally Posted by Clandestino
Seems that TRK FPA vas selected for 6 seconds without apparent effect on RH instruments. However, even if FPA was displayed it would be of no use;
Hi Clandestino,
I assume you find those 6 seconds in the §1.16.6.3 of the 3rd report? If so, take care, perhaps a translation issue.
The original french text is:
L’étude des paramètres pertinents enregistrés permet de conclure que la sélection du FPV n’a pu intervenir qu’entre 2 h 11 min 48 et 2 h 11 min 54.
In this text, we speak about the "action to select FPV", and the time frame it may have token place. It means not the "FPV selected state" and the duration of the latter. Now the english version (BEA's):
Based on a study of the other relevant parameters it may be concluded that the FPV was selected between 2 h 11 min 48 and 2 h 11 min 54.
This means, to me, the "FPV selected state"... which is wrong IMO.

Perhaps this is better: (my try, sorry in advance, not english-speaking native)
Based on a study of the other relevant parameters it may be concluded that the crew selected the FPV somewhere between 2 h 11 min 48 and 2 h 11 min 54.

I agree on the second part of your post, i.e. even if displayed, FPA = no use in AF447's case.
I don't understand what are "the other relevant parameters" quoted by BEA. I would like to know if this has something to do with the frequency by which the parameter quoted by CONF iture is registered on the DFDR (and shown on the traces).