PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2011, 12:19
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CONF iture
Apparently EIS includes PFDs NDs and ECAM (not MCDU)
Correct. I've mixed-up EFIS and EIS. AFAIK there's single EIS and two EFIS sets are part of it, so EIS 2 could be a) change of EIS architecture since I've last checked with two EIS being installed since 2009 b) EIS output to EFIS 2 c) typo, with F in EFIS ommited.

what is the purpose of your question
To show that...
Dani and FCOM wrote the very same thing, coma included
...is correct, however, the understanding part is somewhat lacking and the interpretation that only some TRK/FPA information are affected and some might be used when there is no valid altitude info is solely based on disregarding the coma and is wrong.

Originally Posted by AlphaZuluRomeo
I'm still unconfortable with what I see as a contradiction (regarding this famous bird)
Seems that TRK FPA vas selected for 6 seconds without apparent effect on RH instruments. However, even if FPA was displayed it would be of no use; spikes in computed FPA began just as FPA vas apparently selected. Even if spikes are matter of graph rendering, as DozyWannabe suggested, it is pretty certain that FPV was no longer reliable so no useful data could be obtained from it. Seems that Dani's interpretation of FCOM is correct and FCOM warning is there for a good reason. As for the army of ignorants that will now again start their old howling on how the instruments should actually work far outside the flight envelope, I can't think of anything else except probably ineffective suggestion to learn some basic stuff about flying before moving into discussion about its advanced part.

Originally Posted by OK465
Triple ADR bad: No FPV, BIG FPV flag

Double ADR bad: FPV available, reliable
Correct... partially. With two ADRs detected failed, remaining GNADIRS will continue to supply FPV, however, with one failed and remaining two telling different stories, crew has to make intelligent decision on which one is right and shut down the wrong one to get to "two failed, one OK" configuration - that's decision that just can't be offloaded to the computer at the current technological level.