PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying over square
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2011, 12:12
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I am sure there will be a whole heap of comments on these but I'll bite first.

1. Running the tank dry.....no big deal.......I can get accrurate data to change tanks when about 2 litres is left, but if you want to know you squeezed every drop out of a tank, why not. heck if you do not want to no biggie either.

If thats your biggest beef....ohh dear!

2. Forgetting to dangle thy dunlops, well he is a big enough man to tell the story and write about it in public, but lets get the facts straight.....he did not guts it did he.....went through a scan of things and got back on top of his game. Are you casting the first stone?

3. Whyalla prang...... if you read all the reports and thought about it objectively, you can see his comments about the ATSB report and more importantly how the operator ran those engines, you might give Deakin and Brayly a bit more credit.

4. Actually I care a whole heap more than you think. I am still amazed, is this the best you can find?

PS: If you have read all JD's articles you will also note that some written over 10 years back have had updates inserted and noted as over the following years, mainly through GB's test stand and the APS development they all learned a few finer points in a few areas. I am sure you will have seen these. Its all in the test data, and it is amazing how they can convince my data logs to look like they say they would. Poured over 10 hours of data log tonight, just to be sure

MIHC
Did you read Jamairs post #69. Happened to be flying behind a Turbo 550 today....what happens with that machine, even discussed this with the owner.....as per post #69

Last edited by Jabawocky; 15th Oct 2011 at 12:28.