PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas announcement today
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2011, 11:42
BrissySparkyCoit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't posted here for a while, as pprune seems to have been overrun by trolls and stooges.

I think there is a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why CX and the like are not "Falling out of the sky" whilst using MRO facilities that Mr. Joyce and Clifford (and possibly those that lick their boots) salivate just thinking about.

Airlines such as CX and SIA are regular customers of these facilities. There are lines of maintenance reserved just for them alone. Checks are scheduled in well in advance.

QF is the customer off the street constantly shopping around for the cheapest deal at the last moment. They demand their C checks and D checks done yesterday as cheap as possible.

If I were an MRO, I know which customer I would give the best, most comprehensive service to and I know which customer I would want out the door ASAP. This is just the reality of business.

On another note, the facility I work in was told a few days ago that due to the on going PIA, Jetstar have withdrawn their heavy maintenance from us.

So overnight, they were able to find an alternative provider? Or is it possible that this was planned many, many months ago prior to any PIA? Yet another opportunity to blame unions for the pre-determined and deliberate failings of management?