PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen Flitemap profile view
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2011, 10:58
giazul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the caveat: Peter H already has raised yellow flags on that and I woldn't ever fly blindly on those Jepp profiles!
Nevertheless that feature comes handy in flight planning and would be quite useful in flight as well , if it only worked correctly when onroute (infact I found in the meantime that it gives a correct profile fix when offroute, most of the time ...)
Pctechsupport at Jeppesen isn't able to give explanation, but they state on Sept '11

quote< FliteStar and FliteMap are the same program, it used to be called FliteMap, but it is now FliteStar. As for the GPS display. I have attached a document, please make sure you have followed the steps for your GPS receiver unit >unquote

So Flitemap is alive and latest version is 9.5.5 which came out in June '11.
Unfortunately, this version (which is vastly improved with weather info)has also collected a bug: it's not able to upload routes to my Skymap IIC GPS anymore!
They have been informed on that and also informed of the erratic fixing in profile view. Maybe they'll put a SW fix sometime: as I said, the prog is quite useful, even in flight, mostly for the flight info it provides along the route one is following.