PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DASH 8 accident in PNG
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2011, 03:07
Ejector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very sad for the victims and the fiends and family's of them. I really don't think you can feel their huge pain without seeing these grieving folks. It is kind of anonymous for most of us. It really is very sad and I hope all possible assistance is offered at this terrible time.

I would also ask, regarding the crew, to put your self into this situation, and how would you feel with wild rumours being reported as truth. Clearly, lots of **** went down very fast in very testing conditions. Rumors help no one except give jurno's ammunition to sell news papers. Lets hope a proper investigation is done, and they have the crew and the data recorders to help with this, the it is very likely that a proper investigation will be done, not like the days of old in PNG. Please put your self on the other side of the fence when posting, presume the grieving families of unfortunate victims that perished in what would have been a terrifying final few mins are also reading this as well.
Best wishers for all unfortunate soles involved.

Pilots from Australia and NZ survive PNG plane crash which kills 28 | The Australian

Plane crash survivors flown to PNG capital - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Top Stories

Bad fuel suspected in PNG air tragedy | The Australian
A Lae-based Australian businessman, who had left the aircraft just hours before the crash, said bad fuel was the likely cause.

The businessman - a long-time resident of PNG - played down strong rain in the area as a cause, saying sudden changes in weather were a fact of life for PNG pilots.
The Australian News paper reporting???

Last edited by Ejector; 15th Oct 2011 at 05:04.