PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2011, 02:28
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dani
How can you know that it's reliable if you haven't even started to compare? The doomed crew wasn't able to start a serious trouble shooting let alone to perform the first few memory items. How could they know which information is reliable and which not? They basically were trying to figure out something, and never came to a conclusion until impact.
Who said urgency there is to select it ... Neither the FCOM neither FTCM.
Your statement, "It is strongly recommended that you never use the bird in case of unreliable instruments" is not backed by anything.

Apparently EIS includes PFDs NDs and ECAM (not MCDU)
But thanks to both of you for the replies.

Clandestino, what is the purpose of your question as Dani and FCOM wrote the very same thing, coma included :
"If remaining altitude indication is unreliable:
Do not use FPV and/or V/S, which are affected."

Originally Posted by AZR
Is it possible to have a bird on a PFD, and in the same time the HDG/VS - TRK/FPA knob on the HDG/VS position in certain/degraded circumstances?
Not supposed to and not aware of any such reconfiguration.
But if it did happen, it would be a bug ...

More interesting than a guy writing a book, why the Judge refuses to include the full FDR data to the procedure ... ?
The families should mobilize now or accept to be served a part only of the story, the part with the 'deficient' crew ...
My thoughts to the families of those pilots. I know what will be told if I crash my AB.