PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Twin operations up north
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2002, 04:19
AZTRUCKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI marpoo, I had bought my own single to get my PPL 2 years ago, When i got my PPL i bought my self a twin
and got my CPL and MECIR. I saved myself an absoulte SH!T load of money by doing it this way. In fact i have almost got my flying training for free because i would hire out both aeroplanes while i was doing my training. Buying a plane is exactly the same as buying a car... You can end up with a dud so for god sakes get it checked out by LAME that you can trust!! ..... this is very important. Always take the plane for a test flight longer than an hour and test all the nav aids and Radios e.t.c .

Owning an aeroplane isnt always gloom and doom if you did your home work prior to purchasing it. Its also not red roses all the time either, like anything you take the good with the bad and just enjoy.

The things to check out for are the costs on where your going to park it and insurance.

Dont buy a plane if you cant afford to run it without it earning you an income. It is an excellent way of building hours and doing the odd charter if you have it online with a charter company. Most charter companys will use your plane as a last resort because they are obviously going to want to use their own first.

I have copped the odd smart @ss comment about being an aeroplane owner, However nine times out of ten you would find that these people have never owned aeroplanes themselves and that they are probably just jealous.

You learn a hell of alot when owning your own aeroplane aswell as having such an apreciation for them . If i was ever an employer of an aviation company i would look at hiring people who have owned there own planes for this reason.

Oh and by the way Daddy didnt buy my planes for me either!