PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Accommodation
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2011, 00:55
Steve the Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AP

Once again, I feel suitably chastised. In an effort to build bridges and avoid the inevitable thread drift, I shall refrain from discussing point number one.

Regarding your post in reply to Mr Snoop, of course you have the right to declare your indignation at his tone. However, by doing so as you did in your opening statement rather made you seem as though you were stooping to his level, the comment being not only unnecessary but also detracting from the points you made subsequently. In my humble opinion, you played the man rather than the ball. For what it's worth, I think he made a fair point, albeit with unnecessary use of profanity. I could use an analogy to describe my point but that would be in contravention of my declaration above.

You go on to say:

I wasn't interested in provoking debate.
and;

Of course, that usually reflects an individual who has a weak argument to make concerning the point being discussed.
As you yourself state, you were not discussing a point, instead you were simply drifting off with the others on a thread that started with someone asking for help regarding shelter. The fact that Mr Snoop turned out to be a lone voice in questioning those who were berating HKN and the fact that he too was then berated speaks volumes, in my humble opinion.

Regarding your PS, I wasn't throwing down a gauntlet or challenging you in any way, I was simply stating my opinion.

Finally, when someone finishes a post with , it usually means they are being humorous.

STP