PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Cabair going to stay alive?
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2011, 21:49
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
magicmick,

Mad Jock made a very interesting contribution to this thread that he was concerned when Cabair were not included in the list of FTOs accredited by BA for their FPP scheme. In the past BA have been happy to take ex Cabair students and one would have thought that Cabair would have been a certainty to be included with OAA, FTE and CTC. I suppose that many months ago BA carried out some sort of due diligence exercise on the FTOs that they were considering for their scheme and discovered that all was not well with Cabair so they didn’t include Cabair in their scheme,
On the contrary, I understand that BA made a decision during the last sponsorship scheme over ten years ago that they would not endorse Cabair as a training provider for future cadets for a number of reasons. If I recall correctly only one class passed through Cranfield. That said, I know plenty of Cabair alumni who are currently at BA in addition to the former cadets. Trent Air Services, the predecessor to CCAT was a top quality training establishment in the same league as the BAe Flying College (now FTE), OATS and CTC - when Cabair took over a lot was lost in my opinion.

As a former employee, I wish the students and staff the best of luck.