PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2011, 10:15
Chequeredflag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy!!

Mazzy old mate, how good to hear from you!. I just happened to click on the thread, and found you are still alive! Hopefully you will reach for the sky again very soon!
From a personal perspective, I am still flying, and currently have 150 hours on the clock. I still fly Piper Warriors, but now mainly out of Coventry, where the Coventry Aero Club have two almost new Warrior 111's. I still fly the Warrior I learned on from East Midlands (good old Romeo Yankee that's had a recent facelift and is really quite a nice aircraft) occasionally - really love flying from E Mids, the controllers there are so helpful to GA, fitting us in between Ryanair and Easyjet etc. They even held a Thomson 737 the other day to allow me to take off - obviously they know who I am!!
I don't fly that far, this year having visited many midland airports, as well as Isle of Wight, Shoreham, Cambridge (several times) Sherburn etc. I am flying around 18/20 hours a year, and that's expensive enough!
So old friend, get yourself into the sky, and if ever in the Coventry area, give me a shout and we'll go for a bimble.
Cheers

CF