PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Cabair going to stay alive?
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2011, 09:47
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These collapses don’t happen overnight and we can assume that there have been serious troubles for many months that the top level staff have been fully aware of. It would be interesting to know how many students Cabair have taken money from in the knowledge that they were going under.

Mad Jock made a very interesting contribution to this thread that he was concerned when Cabair were not included in the list of FTOs accredited by BA for their FPP scheme. In the past BA have been happy to take ex Cabair students and one would have thought that Cabair would have been a certainty to be included with OAA, FTE and CTC. I suppose that many months ago BA carried out some sort of due diligence exercise on the FTOs that they were considering for their scheme and discovered that all was not well with Cabair so they didn’t include Cabair in their scheme, despite these serious troubles Cabair continued to take huge sums of money from students, I suppose that it is naïve in the extreme to think that they might have done the honourable and ethical thing rather than continue wringing whatever they could out of the students for as long as possible.

The paradox is that if BA had included Cabair in their scheme then they might have avoided the unholy mess that they are in now, they may have had enough money to survive or used the BA scheme to strengthen their case to the banks to cut them some slack.

If Cabair does survive this they might honour the training paid for by their current students but I cannot see any new students signing up to them, anyone currently seriously considering Cabair for any flight training in the future must be overdosed on insanity tablets.

If Cabair does survive there might be some mileage in making this thread a sticky so that prospective students choosing an FTO can read this information and make an informed decision based on the stability of the school and how they are prepared to treat their students if/ when it all goes wrong.

As always my best wishes to the innocent victims (students and employees).