PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran agents 'planned US terror attacks'
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2011, 03:27
Modern Elmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding:

Todd’s arrest drew national media attention — fueled by the fact that he sponsored a controversial law that allows handgun carry permit holders to take guns into bars in Tennessee.

Here's a local newspaper story. If you're curious about local attitudes, take a look at the comments that follow the story. This man also used to be a Memphis policeman, or as the regional pronuniciation would have it, POE-leaseman. I myself tend to enunciate the word in that manner, unless I'm being careful about my elocution.

DUI, gun charge put TN lawmaker's career in doubt | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

Here's a local newspaper story. If you're curious about local attitudes, take a look at the comments that follow the story.

The Iran terror story has another angle which probably hasn't gotten much mention in the British and Eiro. news media:

The Iranian terror plot was apparently foiled and busted several months ago. Why did rat-face Eric Holder, the alleged US Attorney General ( a high, important position ) wait until this week to publicize the deed?

Perhaps because Holder is probably the ring leader of a big, grievous scandal and plot. It seems he used the Border Patrol and other gooberment agencies to smuggle a quantity of firearms to Mexican drug gangsters.

Time for Attorney General Holder to resign over Fast and Furious gun scandal? – Cafferty File - CNN.com Blogs

Time for Attorney General Holder to resign over Fast and Furious gun scandal?
FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

It was curious timing for the administration to announce the details of that Iranian terror plot yesterday. The news conveniently took the focus off the growing scandal surrounding Attorney General Eric Holder and the federal gun-running operation, Fast and Furious.

President Obama was reportedly briefed on this supposed terror plot back in June – but the feds chose yesterday to go public with it. When Attorney General Eric Holder was asked about being subpoenaed over Fast and Furious, he abruptly ended his news conference on the terror plot.

But terror plot or not, this story isn't going away.

Congressional investigators have issued a subpoena. They want to get their hands on communications from top Justice Department officials including Attorney General Eric Holder.

The head of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Republican Darrell Issa of California, says "it's time to know the whole truth."

Issa says holder has made "numerous statements" about the program that have "proven to be untrue." Translation: Holder's lying.

Fast and Furious allowed illegal guns to "walk" from Arizona gun stores into Mexico. ....

People over here are speculating that this Holder broke the Iran story this week to try to distract attention from his own legal troubles. Holder will probably end up have to resign. He may also be charged with perjury and with being an accessory to murder... and he holds the Attorney General job. Some turnabout.

There's another motive for the Obama regime to delay publicizing the Iran plot. Previously, the Half Blood Prince, who may be a closet Muslim himself, has gone to great lengths to try to buddy up to Iran. It's contrary to His Oness's previous behavior to give the Iran plot a lot of publicity.

Why haven't you-all over there heard more about the Fast and Furious gun running scandal? Maybe because the news media over there is mostly left wing and tends to cover up for the Obama regime. For example, I check out the guardian.co.uk web site and also bbc.co.uk. The two web sites seem to have pretty much the same editorial slant.

Me, I read Peeprune along with these other British websites to indulge a bit of personal Anglophilia.

Last edited by Modern Elmo; 14th Oct 2011 at 03:37.