PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Costs at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2011, 21:38
Poltergeist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting comments about planning, and if you think the thread pathetic then try reading the original post. I started this threat purely to warn others. If you are talking planning guys then interesting that they have been clamping in the staff carpark as well. I do not object to paying, as said, I overan. When security were employed they used to ticket cars with a warning. My surprise was caused as i had not parked there since the 1st september when this regime started.
I asked the question retrospectively about long term permits and it appears that not all the schools are aware that these exist and when I asked the question of airport management such a scheme was not even mentioned. A comms issue I feel.
Whilst some may say that the urge to get back to save the fine should give up flying, the point was made because we do not live in a perfect world and another factor may just be the tipping point. Sadly there have been too many tragedies caused by the return at all cost syndrome. An aerodrome should surely not add to that? not really in the spirit of what SMS is trying to achieve.
I have a choice as they do. They choose this path and I have decided to fly elsewhere as have others I have been contacted by since. The airport has been closed due to administration once in recent times, I have had some great flying from there but surely aviation sites will only survive as such if they are managed with aviation as the primary not secondary business.