PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlantic Airlines (aka West Atlantic) B737-300 (G-JMCL)
Old 13th Oct 2011, 20:31
Shockwave83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlantic Airlines (aka West Atlantic) B737-300 (G-JMCL)

Hi,

I'm posting this in the hope someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

Having recently completed a B737 300-500 (inc 600-900 diff) type rating I am currently trawling around for work (I've done the whole firing CVs around to death for the last few years with no success).

From looking online I noticed that Atlantic Airlines have a sole B737-300 which it seems is used primarily for transporting race horses around the world. Because of this I visited Coventry earlier today to see if I could speak to someone regarding any recruitment that may take place for this aircraft (it doesn't seem to appear on the main West Atlantic website). I realise this is a long shot but I figured that if you don't ask you don't get and it's far better to see someone in person than to just send an anonymous email.

After explaining my situation to the receptionist (and her subsquent call to someone in HR (think she used the name Wendy on the phone?)) I was told that Atlantic don't actually do the recruitment for this aircraft (which surprised me as G-JMCL is registered to Atlantic Airlines) but if I gave her (the receptionist) my CV then HR would make sure it was forwarded to the right place (I did ask where this was/could I speak to the HR member in person - but this was not possible).

Now I'm sure my CV will make it there but I was just wondering if anyone on this forum might be able to point me in the right direction of who actually does the recruitment for this aircraft so I can continue to chase (I've done a bit of digging online but with no success).

I would be really grateful if anyone can help me out with this (any other pointers/ideas would also be more than welcome).