PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big Crash at Reno
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2011, 14:07
ClippedCub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there more than one pump involved?
Has a carb with a float. Float could have been forced down under excessive g creating flooding?

but are the TTs cable operated
Pushrod actuated. Also, elevators are interchangeable left and right, so the actuactor rod is visible on the top ofn one side.

Also that dent over the number one, is evident in the build photos from 2009, I think its just a characteristic of the modification done to GGs spine.
Thanks. Checking each other is what these forums are about, and why I'm here. Collectively, I think this can be figured out, and if we are confident enough, someone can be volunteered to present to the NTSB, to have them verify or disprove if it's something that could be overlooked. Concerned me everybody was jumping on the tab as the cause, and could see the NTSB falling into that trap with the Voodoo incident and the previous rudder tab loss cases. Maybe Voodoo had the elevator let go first which excited the tab.

Can somebody explain the twitch of GG in the video after passing Rare Bear
Probably from wake turbulance after being blown across the course. The winds were 280 degrees at 17 knots gusting to 21 knots. Also heard somewhere that a mountain rotor showed up sometime during the race.