PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoffery Thomas...again
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2011, 10:18
600ft-lb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
No end in sight to Qantas stoush - ABC Melbourne - Australian Broadcasting Corporation

At least they refer to him as an aviation commentator and not an expert for once.

"Unfortunately both sides have virtually dug themselves into very deep holes and unless there's a seismic shift in their views and their positions, this dispute, there is no end in sight for it," he said.
Mr Thomas says Qantas cannot capitulate on the key issues - pay rates for pilots and out-of-date maintenance practices.
And with neither side likely to back down, Mr Thomas says the Government must take action.
"I think the Government has to step in. I think they have to legislate," he said.
"I absolutely support legislation that unions cannot bring an airline to its knees, because Qantas has almost 1,000 flights a day.
"I mean, Qantas has to win. Qantas must win. And it's not a matter of whether I think the management of Qantas is good or the management of Qantas is bad, or whether the engineers are good or whether the engineers are bad, that's not the issue - it's what the public is prepared to pay for.
"So safety is no longer an issue; price, price, price, that's all."