Thread: Carmen Rosters
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2002, 19:01
zabber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PBS

Dear idunno,
I'm not sure what your agenda is but some facts re the Aer Lingus pbs project:
There is no pilots pbs group/committee since last March or so, I know 'cos I was on it.
The 80+% of folks who replied to a survey ( admittedly nearly 2 years ago) did want a pbs type system.
Part of the back to work settlement after our sunny bank holiday off in June (Thanks ww!) was a pbs system for rostering, this was negotiated by the union committee -which has no ex pbs folks on it.

The company has now started to move on the matter as a result of this back to work agreement.
I am the Pilots union rep on this group and ONLY as far as choosing a supplier, it will then be purely an industrial issue -and somebody elses problem!

I would be VERY grateful for any reasoned, rational info from ANYONE on pbs systems.

Only a fool would think changing the rostering system will do away with the horrible duties but I reckon it will be hard to get much worse than the 10 day (subject to post publication change) so called system we have now.
Other companies don't abuse their pilots with quite so awful a rostering system so they certainly will have a different perspective on it coming from a monthly system.

The union has made it clear to the company that we will not be giving any productivity/rule changes for free or at all.
That is the factual situation.

If you really are in ALT and concerned why not contact me or somebody on the union? -its not hard to find us!!!

Like I said any help/info welcome!!!!