PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 777 & 340 Ratings
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2002, 16:29
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tough one - it might make some difference however I would personally doubt it. Emirates will employ the person rather than the rating. If you were getting a Airbus rating get a 330 rating since you will be able to be cross qualified on the 340-500 once it comes on line with EK. You would be putting all your eggs in one basket if you got a 340 rating!

I noticed that you are 400 hours short of the multi hour requirement. On average, most EK applicants that get called for interview have well in excess of the minimum requirements that are stated. Wide Bodied jet time is common place. The great benefit is that time to command is very low (providing you have 6000TT>) compared to Virgin and BA for example. EK is a great outfit and I wish you all the best!

I suggest that you post this again in the Middle East forum where you will get a more balanced response!

Editied to say that I heard that Qatar Airways are possibly accepting non type rated people with turboprop time - have you thought about applying to them?

Good luck!

Last edited by Mister Geezer; 30th Oct 2002 at 16:38.