PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2011, 17:11
terrican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My son had two surgeries for strabismus. One at 1 yrs.old and the second at 6 yrs.old. Although the surgeries made his eyes look better they did not help his vision too much. He was alternating his eyes to see (didn't know this was possible) and the doctor that did the surgery didn't tell me he could not use bith eyes together. I came across vision therapy, and althought his doctor said it would be a waste of time and money, I decided to try it.

The first vision therapy place I went to was not helpful. I then took him to the college of optometry, where they started vt exercises with my son. About a month or two into the vt, he started to get double vision, which cleared up. From that day forward, he has been able to use both eyes together and now has binocular vision. His depth perception has also improved. Till this day he has not needed surgery or vt. He is able to wear contacts and thank God is seeing well. Please get vision therapy, it really does work!! It has been over 3 yrs. now. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know. Best of luck!