PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Cabair going to stay alive?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2011, 13:41
waco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stator

Excellent e-mail and thanks for the reply.

I'm not a pilot. I decided against persuing that route after Dan Air and Air Europe had gone bust. I saw the long line of pilots outside the job centre at LGW and thought.....perhaps not at the moment.

I however worked in civil aviation for more years than I care to remember and have therefore seen the success stories, the guys and gals who have made it. Well done to them !

Alas I have also seen the very many who have not made it. The runined relationships, the bankruptcy and the destroyed lives that have resulted from "following the dream".

These days "following the dream" can cost north of £100,000 and that is really scary especially when the whole of europe teaters on a possible depression never mind a recession. Add to that the decreasing terms and conditions that a flight deck job brings.

Add to that the realities of the flight deck job it self. Often changing bases, up a 3 in morning for days on the run, working christmas and bank holidays and praying that medical is passed every time plus the profficency tests.

All I'm trying to do in my own way is express the reality in todays aviation industry.

Good luck to all at cabair, staff and students I really mean that.

I've been made redundant in aviation more than once. if you are going to work in this industry thats something to get used to.

Oh and finally, as well all know, the only way to make a small fortune in aviation.....is start with a very big fortune.