PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Cabair going to stay alive?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2011, 12:30
StatorVane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi waco.

Sorry for the delay in getting back. Sorry also for sounding condescending in my original post and I did not intend to come accross this way. I understand and share your frustration on the market outlook.

You asked for some examples of airlines currently recruiting and by that I assume you mean recruiting newly qualified crew? This is tricky but I'm not entirley sure why you're asking me this. In my comments I was trying to allude to the fact that if you want something - like becoming a paid pilot - then you've gotta go get it. You will allways be up against hurdles, recessions, wars , international crises and plenty of personal reasons why you should not do it right now. Every single pilot has borne these concerns to one degree or another (unless you have endless money and time to burn). You can procrastinate until the time is right but will it ever be right for you, or me?

So, what I was trying to say was really as a direct response to you seemingly trying to disuade people from pursuing their dreams. You may well be right on all of the points you mention but you gotta get a foot in the door and one sure fire way of never succeeding is never having tried. I know a bloke that never tried and he is a lovely bloke in a successful career now but he is one of these "I could have been, should have been, would have been" types. He regrets not having tried at least. Incidentally, he was put off by the prospect of the investement never paying off, i.e not getting a job.

A word on investors to respond to High Wing Harry. Harry, in this convoluted capitalist world gone mad it is rare to get investors who actually know about the technicalities, as valuable as it might be. They know the business and accounts inside out but could'nt tell the back end of a 757 from the front of a tug and would probably attempt to attach them in that order! Think Russian's or Americans and football teams! I once bought shares in a pharmaceutical; I know nothing about preparing drugs but knew enough about the performance of the company to invest in a share or two of it.

Sad isn't it? But that's the way it has become now.

I think Cabair is probably a victim of the cash-fluidity becoming cash-solidity crisis which this should be called. This is almost entirley borne out of irrational market fears coming fom unskilled bankers (yes I did mean Bankers) who have now got to work for a living but have just realised they don't know how. They have been crooked for so long they can't stand up straight. It has nothing to do with consumer/business credit or credit-worthiness and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Last edited by StatorVane; 12th Oct 2011 at 12:50.