PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 12th Oct 2011, 07:14
73addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA wait

Hi all just to give some of you some info. The 73 fleet was fully crewed and in actual fact slightly over until recently. This was only until Sep/Oct when the more senior guys and gals with successful aspirational bids started courses on their new fleets. There has also been quite a lot going on at LGW re their new business plan and the fleet renewal for the 73. The last I heard we were going to be recruiting another 35 onto the 73 at beginning of next year. We are also currently in the process of selecting some new trainers as some are leaving to other fleets. So you can see lots happening and in my opinion, to those of you swimming with the 73 on you licence, they do not want to deplete the pool of rated people if they will need more.

But to all as has been said the internal annual bis are now complete and have been posted. While this can change and may change it will only be small changes so will show where their requirements are for the new crews.

Hope this helps. It is worth the wait.